• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain ☔️

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a lot of rain Edmonton and west .

Comment

I have a feeling this system is going to slide underneath us! I am watching Montana radar and Enviro Can satellite imagery. Unless this thing starts tracking in a different direction I think we are going to be disappointed with it's results. SIGH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        I have a feeling this system is going to slide underneath us! I am watching Montana radar and Enviro Can satellite imagery. Unless this thing starts tracking in a different direction I think we are going to be disappointed with it's results. SIGH!!!
        Farma I think its time for you to pull all the stops and do a full nude raindance in the middle of your yard. It works!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          It is so frustrating, watching these systems split away. Hopefully there is a solid front come barrelling through from Montana. Remember June 14, it turned back from Manitoba so never say never.

Even in 1980, the weather pattern dissipated after July, but not until the crop was fryed. Fingers and toes crossed for torrential downpour. 🌧⛈🌨

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
            Farma I think its time for you to pull all the stops and do a full nude raindance in the middle of your yard. It works!
            BL, I just might do that....too cold to get charged with "indecent exposure" today anyway! Would you take afew inches of wet snow in case I get the snow and rain dance mixed up?

Comment

I dont know if it qualifies for the rain lottery or not seeing we are still harvesting but we received between 7 and 8 tenths last night. Probably closer to seven if I fished out the fly that died trying to get a drink. It is a bit of a relief after all the hot dry weather. May lower the possibility of fires. Fives miles away nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                Easy to tell who's almost done. Only 20% around here.
                Excactly. You won't ever hear me cheering on rain in September especially after what happened last year.

Comment

Guess some have never had to fight fire

Comment

Speaking of fire. Waterton fire went wild in a matter of hours.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Waterton.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	765997

Rain is a good thing. Some times

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                      Easy to tell who's almost done. Only 20% around here.
                      Here too. Two crops in one field here as well. The one that is ripe and the one that is two weeks away. Rain currently falling does not help with that. The late crop was a result of too wet in mid June when the crop kinda seemed to die off and then it came back later after conditions improved.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                        Okay MB or who ever has been successfully adding water to dry canola, please describe how you did this. Hearing lots about this lately, but nobody has done it.
                        I have , weld a 1" collar to auger use a garden hose fitting in it . Use your sprayer truck . Get auger running , load a 100 bu . Test it. Use less or more . Cant even tell at truck thats its had water .May need a 1" hose for a 10"auger . Lots of ****ing around tho . Ok if your hauling your own in the summer or in fall when you have time. You get well paid. I always tell the buyer im doing it also

Comment

2 in hose on a big auger.

Need to get 400 gal in a 40 te load.

Doesn't take long to load 40 te.

Garden hose takes 1/2 a day to fill 400 gal tank.

By the time you get to the pit it's just an extra 2 te of canola.

Comment

A local, clown actually, pumped water into his canola and bragged all over about doing it. Richardsons refused to take delivery citing food safety issues. No one here can guarantee the safety of their water supply. Hog barns everywhere and now wells show up with coliform and even ecoli.

No matter where you are, adding water to canola to bring up the weight is, IMO, risky. Canola is directly a human food. Water from a well, dugout, etc can't be assured to be safe.

If farmers are that desperate for an extra fifty cents, might as well pack it in now.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                              A local, clown actually, pumped water into his canola and bragged all over about doing it. Richardsons refused to take delivery citing food safety issues. No one here can guarantee the safety of their water supply. Hog barns everywhere and now wells show up with coliform and even ecoli.

No matter where you are, adding water to canola to bring up the weight is, IMO, risky. Canola is directly a human food. Water from a well, dugout, etc can't be assured to be safe.

If farmers are that desperate for an extra fifty cents, might as well pack it in now.
                              I get what your saying....but, maybe if the crooked bastards with the monopoly paid a decent price for canola which is an incredibly risky expensive crop to grow guys wouldn't have to resort to pulling bullshit stunts like this. This goes for all grains really. I have never done this myself but nice to see these grain buying crooked pricks have someone get one over on them, even if it's just a small amount.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                                Okay MB or who ever has been successfully adding water to dry canola, please describe how you did this. Hearing lots about this lately, but nobody has done it.
                                I know a few farmers that do it all the time to very low moisture canola and beans. they typically do it as they haul it from bin to the elevator or crusher. you have to do it slowly to give the water a chance to absorb.

obviously a little hard to do in the winter, some elevators know what they are up to when they see ice crystals in the prob sample

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...